Red Deer | On Snow Training
Coach recommendation and approval is required for this program.
Designed for the newly competitive snowboarder. This program will introduce the rider to competitive snowboarding within Alberta. The Split Program will allow training in both the Freestyle Program in Red Deer and 6 sessions in a Competitive Group in Calgary from mid-January to end of February. Riders are given the tools to progress to the next competitive level by gaining the benefits of a more intense, lower ratio coaching program. Riders in this program are strongly encouraged to participate in the “off snow” Trampoline Aerial Awareness sessions.
- Pre-season orientation for parents and riders to explain competitive snowboarding in Alberta
- “On snow” program runs mid-November to mid-March and “off snow” program runs September to November
- Sessions are Wednesday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm and Saturday from 10:00am to 1:00pm at Canyon Ski Resort
- 3hr Freestyle basics sessions
- 8:1 Athlete to Coach Ratio
- 6 X 3hr Competitive sessions at COP in Calgary (Jan 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 18)
- 5:1 Athlete to Coach Ratio
Share this program