Splitboard 101- 1 Day Course
Does exploring the backcountry on your snowboard appeal to you? Every wanted to splitboard but not sure how to get into it? If so, join Riders on Board and Splitboard HQ on a 1-day introduction to the world of splitboarding. This session (run in K-Country) will introduce participants to how to effectively use a splitboard as a means of travel in the backcountry. Topics will include:
- How to efficiently transition from snowboard to ski mode
- Use of skins
- Basic terrain identification
- Gear to carry and how to use it
- Using the splitboard in ski mode (both uphill and downhill)
At the end of this session, participants can expect to understand the basics of how to use a splitboard and the associated gear efficiently!
- Transportation from Calgary to and from splitboard site
- Splitboard, Bindings, skins, poles, transceiver, shovel and probe.Basically, everything you need to get started
What you need to bring:
- Regular snowboard boots
New Date!: Saturday, February 10th, 2018
Meet at Splitboard HQ (across from COP) at 7am.
Cost: $175 + GST
NOTE: This is not an Avalanche Safety Course, basic rescue skills will be taught though are not the focus. Riders on Board and Splitboard HQ recommend an AST 1 course be taken in conjunction with this program.
Advanced Split Tour- 3 day Course
Info and cost TBD
Date: April 6-8, 2018 based out of Golden BC